Friday, October 21, 2016

Topps Now Hyun-Soo Kim RC

I have had a slew of Topps Now cards coming in lately, and I was happy to get this Hyun-Soo Kim rookie card in first.  His pinch hit home run was probably the biggest hit of the Orioles season, and it came from the most unlikely of sources.  Kim was asked to take a demotion upon the completion of Spring Training since he had a horrible time at the plate in March.  He refused the assignment, as was his contractual right, and remained on the Orioles 25-man roster.

Kim ended up endearing himself to Orioles fans and completed his rookie season with 92 hits, 6 home runs and a .302 batting average.  He won't win the Rookie of the Year award, but will definitely get votes.  I wasn't sold on Kim at the beginning of the season, but I am happy that he is an Oriole, now.  He really won me over!

No comments: