Saturday, October 8, 2016

2016 Topps Heritage High Number Box Break

I anticipated that I would have a lot of free time today due to Hurricane Matthew passing over us.  I was right, so I picked up a box of 2016 Topps Heritage High Number from my LCS and wasn't disappointed.  There were a bunch of Orioles in the box, including Nolan Reimold, which was nice to see.  I also pulled this purple chrome parallel Hyun-Soo Kim rookie card.  The purples were one per pack and are not numbered.
Something else cool about the set is that Matt Wieters makes an appearance, a first for any Topps product that isn't an online exclusive.  Even though his time with the Orioles may be over, it is nice to finally be able to add some of his cards to the collection that are under the Topps brand.  I know Panini and some of the other companies are nice and all, but baseball cards just aren't right without the Topps logo.

My box also had one hit, which was an Albert Pujols relic card.  I am sending that along to my good buddy, Andrew, who PCs Pujols.  I also ended up with a Marcus Stroman action SP, a couple high number SPs and a Tim Lincecum as an Angel card (which went to Chris).

No comments: