Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ebay Pickup - 1959 Topps Bob Gibson RC

I knocked off a huge part of the 1959 set today when the 1959 Topps Bob Gibson RC came in the mail.  I had gotten the card after I got some money from a trade.  It is obviously not mint, but I really don't care.  I finally have Gibson's RC, and that is a really big RC to knock off.
The back is in a bit better shape than the front.  I find it funny to look at the minor league numbers of a pitcher of Gibson's caliber.  Like I said in my last post about the '59 set, I have a long ways to go, but crossing off Mantle and Gibson have definitely helped me to a foot forward in getting this taken care of.  I'm not sure when my next major purchase from the set will be.  I'm thinking I have my eyes on Clemente or Aaron, but we'll have to see when that will be.

No comments: