Saturday, November 5, 2011

Results of the Ball of Fame Box Break

So, I hope everyone enjoyed last night's box break of Historic Autographs' Ball of Fame.  I really enjoyed shooting the video, even though I need to work on my supermodel looks... 

 Here are some shots of the box.  I ordered the Ball of Fame off of Blowoutcards.  I had been looking at them since they were released in August and when the price dropped to $79, I figured now was a good time to pick one up.  I had some expense checks saved up from work, so it was easy to part with the cash.
 I'm going to keep the box, as I think it looks pretty cool.  Here is the side panel which describes the product.
Finally, here is the ball that I pulled.  I got the full name variation of Wade Boggs.  The ball is sealed in a PSA/DNA cube and the rear of the cube has the authentication card and grading results of the ball.  The overall grade is 9.5 with the auto itself being graded at 9 and the ball is graded at 10.

Boggs is my 51st different Hall of Famer.  He was my brother John's favorite player growing up, so naturally when I called him, he was excited.  He says he is going to save up and try one of these boxes as well.  We'll see about that.

I had never heard of Historic Autograph Company until I saw the ad for the Ball of Fame appear on the side of my facebook page.  Usually, most of that stuff is a scam, but this one ad appeared to be legit.  I read the sell sheet for the product and I was intrigued.  Now, having opened one of their products, I am very impressed and will definitely buy at least one more box.  I was so impressed with the product, I emailed the company this morning.  I have yet to hear back, but i figure that since it is Saturday, I probably won't hear anything today.

If you want to check them out yourself, you can go to their website and give them a look.  Also be sure to check out the checklist for Ball of Fame and see how extensive it is.  I can't wait to get my hands on another one of these, hopefully sooner than later.  Also, if anyone is looking for Christmas ideas for me, here you go, haha.

Wade Boggs (b. 1958) played in the majors from 1982 to 1999 for the Red Sox, Yankees and Devil Rays.  He had 3,010 career hits, 118 home runs and a career .328 batting average.  He won 5 batting titles in his career.  He won the World Series with the Yankees in 1996.  He was elected to the Hall of Fame in 2005 with 91.9% of the vote on his first ballot.

No comments: