Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Another Vintage Pick-up 1948 Bowman Bob Feller

Here is the second of my recent acquisitions. 1948 Bowman Bob Feller 'Rookie Card.' I use quotations because this is not from his rookie season, but, for all intents and purposes, it is, in fact, his rookie card.

As most of you may know, I have become partial to a few certain 'Vintage' players. I am trying to get more cards of Feller, Warren Spahn and Stan Musial. As well as a few other players. I think it is really cool that Feller is still alive today, going strong at close to 92 years old.

I scanned the reverse of the card as well so you all can read it. I think it is pretty cool to see that he had the record for the most players struck out during a 9-inning game, as well as the single season strikeout record. What do you guys think about this one? I have 2 more '48 Bowman cards coming...

4 comments:

Carl Crawford Cards said...

Man I'm drooling. That's awesome!

Matt Runyon said...

Nice card. Those are some good "vintage" players to collect. I'd collect the same guys if I could afford it.

john schanbacher said...

i have this card too....a great card to have, along with the many other ones i have

john schanbacher said...

i also have 2 spahn cards and 2 musial cards