Sunday, January 17, 2010

Trip to the Greenville Card Shop

I went to the shop here in Greenville to pick up some supplies for shipping and didn't make it 5 feet in the door before the owner stopped me and said 'We were just talking about you...'

He and the other guy there had just busted some boxes of 2009 Bowman Sterling and pulled several O's cards. The one guy was all ready to put them up on ebay and the owner had said 'No, we need to show them to the guy that comes in wearing the Orioles hat...' (that would be me).First up is this amazingly awesome Nolan Reimold auto. This card scanned so nice (I love my scanner). You can never have enough Reimold autos, so I was very happy when he showed it to me...

I got a prospect auto! I would have loved getting a Wieters or a Matusz, but i am perfectly content with a Hobgood auto. Unlike some idiots who comment on Roch Kubatko's blog, I think Hobgood was a great pick for the Orioles in this past draft and can't wait til he pitches for the Keys.
I'm so excited for the upcoming minor league season, $2 Tuesdays at Grainger Stadium in Kinston, AND the new Winston-Salem field opens this year. 2 great places to catch Keys games!!! More autographed balls yaaaaaay.
Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed my Bowman Sterling pickups. I'm all for bypassing the $50 packs and just buying exactly what I need for much cheaper!

1 comment:

PAB said...

Yuck sticker autos. J/K that was my impression of the token card blogger.

Nice pick ups. I was thinking about you today as I was thumbing threw Baseball America (featuring Matusz on the cover). According to BA Billy Rowell was not the worst draft pick of the decade. Instead it was Chris Smith. Glad you got those cards.