Sunday, January 3, 2010

I get a nice 'Welcome Back to the Card Shop...'

After taking an unintentional month off from the card shop, I returned yesterday to a packed house of Yu-Gi-Oh kids, and a couple nice surprises.

P.A. brought in an awesome Christmas present, which I will blog maybe Tuesday. I'd do it tomorrow, but I'm committed to watching the return of 'The Excellence of Execution' tomorrow night.

I will also be posting the results of what I got out of the few packs I got of Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects.
Finally, a guy came in looking to sell some vintage cards, so I bought two off of him. One of which will be gifted later on, and the other is this below: 1962 Topps Willie Mays. I know its very rough, but it is about the same condition of the 62 Mantle I got a while back. As some of you may know, I'm not too married to the whole condition thing, so this card is still pretty cool for me.

Pete and I were talking about Hall of Famer cards we'd like to get, and I now have a 1962 Topps Mays, haha. I mean, I do have the 55, but that's in my set.

I think I will scan and blog some of my Hall of Famer cards at some point soon as well, it is still going to be a long time before Spring Training... What do you guys think?

1 comment:

Matt Runyon said...

Whatever Mays cards I get for Giants teams sets before about 1965 will probably be in that kind of shape (especially the 1950s). Cool pickup.