Sunday, January 17, 2010

Topps Unique Thoughts

I picked up a few packs of Topps Unique on my trip to the Greenville card shop the other day since my shop I help at didn't get them. I have heard some slightly negative comments about Unique, and was very curious as to what I would think of them once I saw them in person. The scans I had seen don't really do the cards justice.
I really liked this card because i have a tremendous amount of respect for Jim Thome. I also am partial to the Dodgers due to me being so close to Max. Obviously, this card went to him right away. I really thought it was cool to get one of Thome in the Dodger uniform, even if he played for them for a month or so...

Yaaay, another Reimold. I didn't pull this from a pack, I got it from the shop's loose card bin for a cheap price.


Awesome, ANOTHER Reimold. I also got this one from the single card bin. I'm a big Reimold fan. I hope he does well this year!!!
Overall, I like Unique. I'm not 100% convinced its worth $6.50 a pack, but I think the design is sharp. I was hoping I would pull a sweeet Button relic or something, but alas, I did not.



1 comment:

Field of Cards said...

You are having a Reimold week!