Tuesday, January 22, 2019

TTM Success - Eddie Leon

These cards got wet (for some reason), but I quickly got them in a couple Card Saver thin top loaders, and they turned out just fine.  I used to hate Card Savers, but they really have proven beneficial lately.  They are the top loaders of choice when I am mailing cards to private signings, and they came in clutch with these cards, since they got wet.  They kept them from curving too badly.
I was happy to get the 1975 Topps (top of page), even though it has that hideous color combination, and also he 1973 Topps (above).

Leon (b. 1946) played in the majors from 1968 to 1975 for the Indians, White Sox and Yankees.  He had 440 hits, 24 home runs and a 236 batting average.

I mailed to Leon on January 2 and got the cards back signed on January 14, for a 12-day TAT.

No comments: