Saturday, January 5, 2019

TTM Success - Bob Henrich

While I was in Las Vegas in December, my son, Chris was responsible for getting my mail for me and putting it on my desk.  He called me the first day I was on my trip to tell me that I had gotten some TTMs, but one of the envelopes was soaked.  He knows how much I enjoy opening my TTMs myself, but he opened this one (and the other one that came that day, because he knew I wouldn't want the cards to get wet.  He called me and said "Dad. you got some TTMs in, but the mail got wet.  The cards are ok.  Do you want me to tell you who you got?"  Normally, I would want to be surprised, but I told him to go ahead and tell be, because I was expecting a big paid signing, and was praying that wasn't the card that got wet.

The cards turned out ok, but when I got home, I could tell this return from Bob Henrich had gotten wet.  You can see it in the autograph itself.  Still, it came back signed, and I am grateful it wasn't badly damaged.

Henrich (b. 1938) played in the majors from 1957 to 1959 for the Redlegs/Reds.  Gotta love that the political times of that era are reflected in the Reds name on the card.  He had 2 hits, no home runs and a .125 batting average.  His stats aren't much to look at, but he played at the ages of 18 to 20.

I mailed to Henrich on October 28, 2017 and got the card back on December 3, 2018, for a 401-day TAT.

No comments: