Monday, July 1, 2013

Another Package From Weston

I am feverishly working to catch up on all of the mail I've gotten recently (and a few more Ebay wins are on their way).  That being said, I have been needing to post the awesome package Weston sent me the other day (I think it came in sometime last week).  He sent a ton of Orioles cards for my and my son, Chris.  There were a few vintage cards in the package, like the above Mark 'The Blade' Belanger.  Belanger was an 'all glove, no hit' shortstop in his career.  His life ended way too short when he passed away from lung cancer in 1998 at the age of 54.
I'd love to say that I didn't already this 1986 Fleer Star Stickers Cal Ripken, but the thing is, and I've said it on here before, I don't know anymore which Cal cards I do and do not have.  I feel like I didn't have this one as it definitely doesn't look familiar, but I guess I need to dig through my 500+ Cal cards and see if it resides in there or not.  I'm so lazy.
Finally, I got this sweet Ty Kelly 2012 Bowman Chrome purple refractor.  Kelly was traded to the Mariners yesterday for Eric Thames in a move that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  they have a glut of outfielders at AAA Norfolk and adding Thames just increases the logjam.  That is, unless, another trade is in the works.  Hmm, if it is for a legit starting pitcher, then I'm ok with it.  We'll see.

Anyway, I jumped off topic enough.  Thanks for the package Weston!

No comments: