Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hall of Fame Weekend - Meeting Rickey

The next legend we met during Hall of Fame Induction Weekend was Rickey Henderson.  Chris tried to sneak in and get a ball signed by Rickey, but the handler immediately asked him for his ticket.  I was so busy trying to get Drew's picture with Rickey, I didn't realize that Chris was trying to go two for two.  I immediately did the right thing and went outside and bought a ticket for $109.  A steep price, but I didn't want anyone to get into trouble.  I also didn't mind because Rickey was really cool to Chris.  They posed for a nice picture, as seen above.
Rickey signed this OMLB ball on the sweet spot and I am going to upgrade the one I already had.  I plan on sending my old one to Drew so he can trade it to a vendor that he knows for a HOFer that I don't have yet.  We'll see how it goes.

It was really cool meeting Rickey.  He was really nice and interacted with the fans going through the line to meet him.  he was pricey but I think it was worth it to meet "The Greatest."

No comments: