Monday, July 29, 2013

Guest Post- Preparing to Relive the Trip of a Lifetime!


Hey guys, William Drew back here! Wow, this is weird. Normally my writing is displayed over the green grass of a baseball field, but for this go-round I'm going to take my talents to the black backdrop! William and I just got back today from our Cooperstown extravaganza that I'm sure most of you have read about at some point or another this past weekend! He and I made the voyage along with his son Chris, brother Adam, and my dad, Joemama! We all had an awesome time touring the streets of baseball's most hallowed town, while meeting immortal players and taking time to visit their bronze plaques.

Most of you have noticed how much William and I's friendship has taken off over the years. Believe it or not, we have now known each other for almost 5 years! I was 12 years old when I first inquired on his Robinson Cano autographed card, and from that point on, sports card blogosphere history was made! I like to think of it as one of the better stories in the hobby already, but I'm always looking for ways to make the fairy tale story even better. He's treated me so well over the years, and I honestly can't thank him enough for being there with me through the hardships of middle school/high school years.

Let me tell you all now that you better all be ready to see some incredible stuff on this blog, better than what most internet sites have to offer! We have many great stories and memories to share and we want to include you all on this journey, because without all of your support in the hobby, who knows how much him and I's friendship would have developed. Despite him being one of my best friends, all you guys and girls reading have been awfully integral to my life- and I'm sure William can attest to that as well! With all of that stuff said, enjoy the next few weeks of  reliving our awesome experiences and pickups with us!

Thanks William for allowing me the honor of being the first guest writer, and what would would be a drewscards post without....

See Ya!

No comments: