Sunday, September 23, 2012

I Got My Cal Ripken Replica Statue

I spent the weekend hanging out with my parents, grandmother and most of my brothers and sisters while we watched my dad race at Farmington Dragway.  One of the benefits to being in the Winston-Salem area was that I was able to pick up my Cal Ripken replica statue that my good friend Jim was able to get for me.
Jim was doing some work in Baltimore and was able to catch an epic encounter between the Orioles and Yankees.  He was also able to be a part of a sold out crowd, full of Orioles fans in the middle of a pennant race.  Jim's words to me was '...this place is electric.'

I love the replica statue and can't wait until I can go to this coming Saturday's game and get my Brooks Robinson statue.  It will also be a key game in the pennant race, I'm sure, so I am excited to finally attend a packed game at Camden Yards.

Thanks again for picking up the statue for me, Jim.  You're an awesome friend, and this was very much appreciated!

1 comment:

Ryan H said...

Sweet! I'm going to have to find one of those!