Monday, May 3, 2010

2010 Topps National Chicle

When I saw the previews for National Chicle, I thought Uggh, those look AWFUL. I'm glad I was wrong (for the most part).

I opened something like 7 packs of the cards, and I helped Pete open maybe 10 more. I saw some AWESOME relics in Pete's box (I'll let him tell about what he pulled). There are some awesome cards as well... This Johnny Bench is the best looking card I have seen. Wow. The person who painted this one did an awesome job. This is one of the best looking cards I have seen in a while.
Another good portrait, and it is a relic of an Oriole!! Eddie Murray, woo hoo. Looks like some dirt may be on the jersey, which is cool.

Max and Pete both pulled Roberts, so I got 2 of him already. Never a bad day when I get new Roberts cards. Hopefully he will come off the DL soon.

I pulled this and was like oh cool, on card auto... but it is of the artist who designed the card. It is numbered 4/10 which is good, I guess, but I was really underwhelmed with the auto.

I was very satisfied with the cards I saw. I saw some not so good ones though. I wish I had a scan of the Tim Wakefield I saw though. It was a weird looking card. Looked like he was eating the ball.

4 comments:

the sewingmachineguy said...

Why does Roberts look like Incaviglia?

TheBrooklynMet said...

Those are some nice cards, congrats on the Orioles hit!

NMCLax24 said...

Wow, you're right about the Roberts card

William Regenthal said...

Haha, Incaviglia. Wow, haven't thought of him in forever.