Tuesday, February 14, 2017

TTM Success - Todd Greene

It took two attempts, but I got a TTM success from former catcher, Todd Greene.  This was a request I really wanted to push, because I had so many cool cards of Greene that I wanted to see come back signed.  This 1997 Stadium Club Millennium card was one that I really was excited about when I picked it up from the LCS.  The card looks great; even better in person!
I liked the old Angels logo on the 98 Pinnacle Performers card.  It was in one of the boxes that Mom picked up for me last year.  This is a really cool-looking set, and I have a fer others from it that I want to get back.

Here is a 2006 Topps, as well, so I can add another tick mark on my tally for Topps sets.  I used to have a ton of 2006 Topps, but offloaded a ton when I was selling Topps base at card shows.
Finally, here is a 1997 Flair Showcase Wave of the Future that Greene signed.  It also turned out nicely, I think.  I got this at my LCS, as well.  During a prior trip through that box, though, I found a really cool David Arias (Ortiz) that I was able to sell for a nice profit.

Greene (b. 1971) played in the majors from 1996 to 2006 for the California and Anaheim Angels, Blue Jays, Yankees, Rangers, Rockies and Giants.  He had 397 hits, 71 home runs and a .252 batting average.

I first mailed to Greene on November 1, but he sent the cards back unsigned with no explanation.  I saw that some folks had gotten him after, so I tried again on January 11.  The cards came back on January 21, for a 10-day TAT.

No comments: