Thursday, February 23, 2017

TTM Success - Albie Pearson

I was able to get an Oriole on a 1960 Topps with this success from Albie Pearson.  I wasn't expecting the awesome inscriptions on all of the cards, so that was a nice bonus.  I still haven't gotten many 1960 cards signed, so when I found this card in my vintage box, I put it in the mailer with the two cards below that I picked up in Columbia.
This was part of the 1961 Topps purchase at the Columbia antique shop last month.  Pearson charges $5/card, so I definitely got my money's worth out of this TTM success.

Pearson (b. 1934) played in the majors from 1958 to 1966 for the Senators, Orioles and Angels.  He had 831 hits, 28 home runs and a .270 batting average.  He was the 1958 AL Rookie of the Year and was an All Star in 1963.  That season, he appeared on his only MVP ballot, finishing 14th.  He was obtained by the Orioles in 1959 in a trade when the Orioles sent Lenny Green to the Senators.  He was the fourth overall pick in the 1960 premium expansion draft for the newly created Angels.

I mailed to Pearson on January 16 and got the cards back on January 27, for an 11-day TAT.

No comments: