Friday, February 3, 2017

TTM Success - Jose Morales

I got a TTM success on some 70s-80s Topps cards by sending to former Oriole, Jose Morales.  This 1977 Topps turned out great and he personalized it, which I liked.

I don't have a lot of Expos represented, so adding this one was pretty cool.  There are rumblings that MLB will put a team back in Montreal, which isn't a bad thing.
I was happy to see this 1977 Topps record breakers card come back signed.  I didn't have any of those in the album, yet.  Also, here is a nice 1981 Topps Traded showing Morales in an Orioles uniform.

Morales (b. 1944) played in the majors from 1973 to 1984 for the A's, Expos, Twins, Orioles and Dodgers.  He had 375 hits, 26 home runs and a .287 batting average.  He appeared on the 1990 Hall of Fame ballot, but did not receive any votes.

I mailed to Morales on January 5 and got the cards back on January 14, for a 9-day TAT.

No comments: