Friday, February 10, 2017

TTM Success - John Olerud

While I have been getting lots of cards signed TTM, I have been trying really hard to get a decent assortment of different types of cards and products represented in my albums.  When I got my TTM success back from John Olerud, I was able to add my first Topps Tek card to the mix.

This card is from 2001 and turned out really nice when it came back.  I had sent off another Topps Tek card before this one, but that card hasn't come back yet.
I also got Olerud on this 2005 Topps Update.  The blue Sharpie shows up really nice on the card, I think.

Olerud (b. 1968) played in the majors from 1989 to 2005 for the Blue Jays, Mets, Mariners, Yankees and Red Sox.  He had 2,239 hits, 255 home runs and a .295 batting average.  He was a 2-time All Star and 3-time Gold Glove Award winner.  He was the 1993 AL batting champ with a .363 batting average.  That career year got Operud his highest finish in the MVP voting, third.  He won the World Series with the Blue Jays in 1992 and 1993.  He appeared on the 2011 Hall of Fame ballot, but only received 0.7% of the vote.

I mailed to Olerud on October 25 and got the cards back on January 18, for an 85-day TAT.

No comments: