Saturday, February 18, 2017

TTM Success - Melvin Nieves

Here is another player from the 90s that I was able to have sign several cards, Melvin Nieves.  This 1995 Fleer turned out really nice.  This set might be one of the freakiest sets there was.  I think there was a gas leak in the Fleer building, and that is how the design for this set came about.  Still, it lends itself well to being signed.
I had a lot to choose from for Nieves, and narrowed it down to six cards.  They all look pretty good, I think.  I believe the 1997 Fleer Ultra set looks really good when signed.  The 1995 Topps Cyberstats don't turn out as well as I had hoped, but they don't look bad.
Finally, here is a 1995 Pinnacle that at first glance looked like it came back unsigned.  As I was putting it back in my box, I noticed the signature on the back of the card.  Ok, cool!  I'll take it!

Nieves (b. 1971) played in the majors from 1992 to 1998 for the Braves, Padres, Tigers and Reds.  He had 284 hits, 63 home runs and a .231 batting average.

I mailed to Nieves on October 25 ad got the cards back on January 23, for a 90-day TAT.

No comments: