Tuesday, February 7, 2017

TTM Success - Bob Locker

Here is another TTM success from a former Seattle Pilot, this time from pitcher, Bob Locker.  I like this 1970 Topps because it shows the full Seattle uniform.  I am about out of Pilots to send to, but I do have a couple left out there waiting to return.
In addition to the 1970 Topps that I sent off, I got a few other years back, as well.  Locker had some really nice cards, and the ones I sent all turned out great.  I'm thinking the 1971 Topps that shows Locker in an A's uniform is heavily airbrushed.  I was especially happy to add another 1975 Topps that my good friend, Max, gave me to my album.  I wonder if Max has added Locker to his Cubs collection, yet?

Locker (b. 1938) played in the majors from 1965 to 1973 and 1975 for the White Sox, Pilots, Brewers, A's and Cubs.  He had a career record of 57-39 with a 2.75 ERA and 577 strike outs.  Locker won the World Series with the A's in 1972.

I mailed to Locker on November 15 and got the cards back on January 17, for a 63-day TAT.

No comments: