Tuesday, February 21, 2017

TTM Success - Carlos Garcia

I was able to get a few really cool cards signed recently from former second baseman, Carlos Garcia.  This 1995 Score turned out really nice, I think.  I always liked this set, and at one point, tried to complete it.  This is one of those over-glossed sets, though, that tend to stick together.  I wish there was a way to fix this problem, but I don't think this exists.
I also added these three 90s cards.  I always enjoy the 1991 Fleer set.  The bright yellow of the set is very different than most sets out there, still.  Some folks don't like it, but I always have.  Of course, I like the 1990 Donruss set as well.  The middle card is a 1996 Fleer, which was made with autograph hunters in mind.  The rough finish makes it a pain to leaf through the cards, but they really look cool signed.  Finally, the card on the right is a 1997 Donruss.  I don't recall opening any packs of this when it came out.  The only versions I have are from bulk card finds and purchases.  Still, the design is nice, and the signed card looks good.

Garcia (b. 1967) played in the majors from 1990 to 1999 for the Pirates, Blue Jays, Angels and Padres.  He had 580 hits, 33 home runs and a .266 batting average.  He was an All Star in 1994 while with the Pirates.

I mailed to Garcia on November 7 and got the cards back on January 26, for an 80-day TAT.

No comments: