Friday, February 17, 2017

TTM Success - Gary Ross

Here are a couple early 70s cards I will be adding to my autograph album (I'm on my fourth album now) that I got from former pitcher, Gary Ross.  His signature doesn't really jump out at you, but still, I am happy to have these added to my collection.  I have slowed down on early 70s cards, mainly because I haven't been by my LCS to pick up anything new lately.  I plan on going by there soon to grab a whole new batch of stuff to send off, but I have been really busy lately, and haven't had the chance.
Of any card year, I think 1973 might be one that I really haven't been able to find decent bulk card of.  I may have to find a box of them somewhere and use those, but I haven't really been looking all that hard.  I do plan on adding some more early 70s bulk cards, I just need to get serious about it and buy some up.

Ross (b. 1947) played in the majors from 1968 to 1977 for the Cubs, Padres and Angels.  He had a career record of 25-47 with 378 strike outs and an ERA of 3.92.

I mailed to Ross on November 18 and got the cards back on January 21, for a 64-day TAT.

No comments: