Friday, February 24, 2017

TTM Succes - Jon Lieber

I was able to get some nice 90s cards back from Jon Lieber not too long ago. The above 1995 Collector's Choice SE turned out much better than I had expected.  This was a product that I got a ton of when I was growing up.  This card probably is a holdover from that era in my collection, most likely. I had so many of these cards, but unfortunately, lots of them were destroyed due to sticking together from the over-gloss.  Thankfully, this one will live on in my autograph binder.
Here is an assortment of other cards I got from Lieber.  The top left 1995 Donruss looked really nice.  That was a set that I completed a while back, long after I started collating it in 1995.  I didn't love the set more than any other at the time, I just opened a ton of it and thought it would be cool to assemble the set.  The rest of the above cards are some Topps versions.  The blue 2003 Topps is one of only 4 2003s that I have been able to get signed so far.  I'm leaning toward buying an early 2000s box of Topps and 2003 is on the short list of cards I may pick up.
Finally, here is a card that was victim of the "sticking together" of the overglossed 90s cards.  I was able to pretty much salvage it, but it did take a hit.  I had to include it in the mailing, though, mainly because of the gold foil, but also because there are a few fellow bloggers who love "pitchers at bat".

Lieber (b.1970) played in the majors from 1994 to 2002 and 204 to 2008 for the Pirates, Cubs, Yankees and Phillies.  He had a career record of 131-124 with 1,553 strike outs and an ERA of 4.27.  He had his best season in 2001 when he was 20-6 with a 3.80 ERA for the Cubs.  That season, he finished 4th inthe Cy Young voting and received his only All Star nod.

I mailed to Lieber on January 11 and got the cards back on January 28, for a 17-day TAT.

No comments: