Thursday, February 2, 2017

TTM Success - Brett Butler

I got a bunch of great 90s cards in this TTM success from Brett Butler.  The above 1998 Score is one of the best horizontal shots that I have been able to get TTM, and I am really happy about it.  I don't recall opening up very many packs of 1998 Score, but the more I see cards from that set, the more I appreciate it.
The 1995 Finest turned out really nice, even though it didn't scan all that well.  I'm also loving the Zach Morris phone in the 1997 Donruss.  I also believe this is my first Upper Deck Fun Pack card that I have been able to get signed.  Finally, the 1988 Topps Traded is one of the best of Butler's line of Topps cards.
I also got a 1982 Topps card showing the Braves Future Stars signed.  I don't know if I will go for the other two guys, but I do believe Bedrosian signs, so I may give it a shot.

Butler (b. 1957) played in the majors from 1981 to 1997 for the Braves, Indians, Giants, Dodgers and Mets.  He had 2,375 hits, 54 home runs and a .290 batting average.  He was an All Star in 1991 and received MVP votes in six seasons (finishing as high as 7th in 1991).  Butler appeared on the 2003 Hall of Fame ballot and received 0.4% of the vote.  His 558 career stolen bases rank 25th all-time.

I mailed to Butler on November 8 and got the cards back on January 13, for a 66-day TAT.

No comments: