Sunday, February 12, 2017

TTM Success - Bud Harrelson

I got a lot of 1970s cards back signed from former player, Bud Harrelson in this TTM success.  He was a bit overshadowed, since he came back the same day that I got my Brooks Robinson success.  I was really happy with this one as well, though, because I added some much needed early 70s cards to the tally.

I liked how Harrelson signed this 73 Topps.  It turned out great, I think.
Here are some other Harrelson cards that I got, 1974, 1975, 1977 and 1981.  I have been getting a bunch of 1981 Topps signed, since I got a huge box of them from the Columbia antique shop, and they were all in order.  I used sportscollectors.net and pulled every player that has been signing recently.  That has helped me populate my TTM box.
Finally, here is a nice 1979 Topps that I got signed.  I like the dark glasses on Harrelson.  He signed this one down his arm, which looks cool, as well.

Harrelson (b. 1944) played in the majors from 1965 to 1980 for the Mets, Phillies and Rangers.  He was a 2-time All Star and had 1,120 hits, 7 home runs and a .236 batting average in his career.  He finished 20th in the 1970 NL MVP voting, his highest spot on the balloting.  He was a Gold Glove Award winner in 1971 and won the World Series with the Mets in 1969.  He appeared on the 1986 Hall of Fame ballot, and received 0.2% of the vote.

I mailed to Harrelson on January 11 and got the cards back on January 20, for a 9-day TAT.

No comments: