Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Christmas and a Surprise Package From Dugan

I got two packages in recently from my good friend, Dugan.  One was this Mychal Givens Aflac All American autograph that is numbered 20/230.  Givens has really emerged as an effective reliever in the majors.  This is after he was drafted as a shortstop.  He may get some opportunities to close games here and there to spell Zach Britton.  Along with Britton, Givens, Darren O'Day and Brad Brach make a really dominant bullpen.
Dugan picked up this TJ McFarland card for me well before Christmas.  He knew I loved the Orioles and also used to go to Kinston Indians games, so he thought I would like this card.  He was right!  McFarland was just designated for assignment to make room for newly acquired Craig Gentry on the 40-man roster.  If he clears waivers, he will be invited back to Spring Training and could likely start the year at AAA Norfolk.

Thanks so much for the packages, Dugan!

No comments: