Wednesday, November 8, 2023

TTM Success - Robby Rowland

This TTM success from Robby Rowland took a couple tries but was awesome in the end.  I had picked up a few of his cards when I saw that he was on the Wood Ducks a while back.  He talked to us prior to a game, and was super nice.  So, I went online and bought some of his cards.  He was pulled from that game with an injury, and I was never able to get the cards signed.  
Finally, I found a working address after following Rowland's social media for a few years and got this awesome return.
Robby even included this awesome hand-written letter.  He also posted videos of him signing my cards on his social media accounts.

Rowland (b. 1991) was a 3rd round pick by the Diamondbacks out of Cloverdale High School in California in the 2010 June Amateur Draft. He played in the minors from 2010 to 2016 and 2018 in the Diamondbacks, Pirates, Cardinals and Rangers systems.  He had a record of 29-45 with 340 strike outs and a 5.09 ERA.

Robby got into 4 games with the Wood Ducks in 2018.  I always felt like the game we met him at was the one where he also had gotten hurt, but I could be wrong. I just remember how he was such an awesome guy and feeling terrible seeing him being removed from the game.  Robby is still pitching, however, playing in the Mexican league this year.

I mailed to Rowland on October 11 and got the cards back on October 30, for a 19-day TAT. 

No comments: