Monday, July 24, 2023

July 18-23, 2023, Graphing of Red Sox at Wood Ducks

The Salem Red Sox came to Kinston this past week to take on the Down East Wood Ducks in a 6-game series.  I caught 5 of the games, missing Wednesday since it was a camp day with a noon start.

I was looking forward to this series so I could try to get some Mikey Romero cards signed (and some of the other Salem guys).
It was a really weird week.  There was a single car accident across the street from the stadium; the driver was speeding in the center lane, flipped his SUV and was killed.  He wasnt wearing a seat belt.  Then, on Friday night, Danyer Cueva took a knee to the head while going after a misplayed ball, resulting in having to be taken off of the field in an ambulance.  Danyer is better now; he was back on Saturday and thanked me for my concern.
I jad no problems finishing off all of the cards u had prepped this week for Salem.  By Saturday, I was down to bare bones, but still managed to have enough stuff to get signed so I wouldn't get shut out.  My friend, Josh, even hooked me up with some customs and also got a ball signed for me by former Purates GM and now Tigers scout, Dave Littlefield.
Mt friend, Ben hooked me up with these Boston signature cards so I could add autos of Yorberto Mejicano, Enderso Lira and Brooks Brannon.  Brook was such a great guy.  Once we talked to him on Tuesday, he came by and chatted with us every day afterward.
Here are the custom cards Josh made.  They're from he and his cousin Matt's MLB The Show game.  They got a bunch of comments from the players, which was cool.  I also added another team set card to the album when Miguel Villaroel came off of the DL.

In all, I got the following autographs: Tonight's graphing recap of Salem Red Sox at Wood Ducks: Andres Mesa x 11, Brooks Brannon x 1, Cutter Coffey x 21, Lyonell James x 8, Elmer Rodriguez-Cruz x 6, Mikey Romero x 37, Danyer Cueva x 1, Gleider Figuereo x 3, Anthony Gutierrez x 1, Enderso Lira x 1, Miguel Villaroel x 6, Brock Porter x 2, Tommy Specht x 2, Anthony Hoopi-Tuionetoa x 1, Luis Ramirez x 1, Ozzie Chavez x 2, Yorberto Mejicano x 1 and Dave Littlefield x 1 (104 total autographs).

No comments: