Saturday, June 29, 2019

Awesome Mail From Carson

I haven't gotten mail from him in a long time, but that doesn't mean much.  I talk to my good friend, Carson, pretty much every day.  Recently, I had some really cool Topps custom cards made for him, which he seemed to really enjoy.

Carson messaged me a few months ago and asked me if I had Jose Canseco on a ball.  I didn't, since I had gotten him on some baseball cards when he was a free signer at the National.  Carson said that his dad (Tim, who I also have dealt with quite a lot) was going to see Jose, and would hook me up with a baseball.

The ball came out great.  Carson didn't want anything in return for the ball, which really made my day.  He has always been good to me.  I've always tried to help him out with his collection, as well.
Recently, Carson told me he was working on the 1972 Topps set, so I had him send me a needs list, since I had a bunch of extras from my box that I got from Conrad.  He, too, had some extras, so we made a swap.  He sent me 24 cards that I needed, and I sent him a stack (I forgot the count).  I was really nice being able to help each other work on the same set.
Finally, Carson tossed this signed 2013 Perfect Game Sean Reid-Foley auto in the box.

Thanks so much for the package, Carson!  Moreover, thank you for your friendship!

No comments: