Sunday, March 31, 2019

TTM Success - Jeff Russell

I added another card to my 1987 set with this success from Jeff Russell.  I had him in my TTM box for a long time, and finally got around to paying his fee.  There is quite a backlog in my box of guys who charge.  Eventually, I'll get them done, but it'll be slow going.
I paid for this card, as well, since I have very few 1994 Topps in my autograph album.  It's not a bad set, I just got rid of most of my extras when I finished the set.  This was one of the worst years of Topps cards that stuck together due to the high gloss on the cards.  It really is a shame.

Russell (b. 1961) played in the majors from 1983 to 1996 for the Reds, Rangers, A's, Red Sox and Indians.  He had a record of 56-73 with 693 strike outs and a 3.75 ERA.  He was a two-time All Star (1988 and 1989) and won the Rolaids Relief Award in 1989 when he recorded 38 saves and a 1.98 ERA.  He appeared on the 2002 Hall of Fame ballot, but did not receive any votes.

I mailed to Russell on February 27 and got the cards back on March 8, for a 9-day TAT.  I paid his PastPros fee of $16.00 total ($8/card).

No comments: