Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Hall of Fame Signed Baseball - Mike Mussina

It took long enough, but I am happy to say that Mike Mussina is now a Hall of Famer.  He was one of my favorite players when I was growing up, and he is now going to the Hall.  I'm so happy.  It took 6 ballots, but Mussina squeaked in with 76.7% of the vote.

Mussina (b. 1968) played in the majors from 1991 to 2008 for the Orioles and Yankees.  He has a career record of 270-153 with 2,813 strike outs and an ERA of 3.68.  He never won a Cy Young award, but finished in the top 5 of the voting 6 times.  He won 20 games only once, in his final season.  He also never won a World Series.  That doesn't matter, he was an Ace and one of the best pitchers of his generation.  I believe he will go in as an Oriole; the Yankees have enough Hall of Famers.

Moose becomes my 143rd Hall of Famer on a baseball.

No comments: