Saturday, April 30, 2016

TTM Success - Bobby Richardson

I got a TTM success from a guy I should have sent a ball to back when I was sending out baseballs.  Bobby Richardson has a really nice signature as you can see.  I was able to get him on a 1964 Topps for the Topps Autograph Project and, luckily, I found another card of his that I was able to send out.
This is a 1997-98 Fleer Million Dollar Moments card that I was able to get signed as well.  Richardson's signature looks really great on this card, maybe even better than the 1964.

Richardson (b. 1935) played in the majors from 1955 to 1966 for the Yankees.  He had 1,432 hits, 34 home runs and a .266 career average.  He was an All Star 7 times and a Gold Glove winner 5 times.  His best season was 1962 when he finished second in the AL MVP voting after collecting 209 hits, 8 home runs and a .302 batting average.  He was also the only player to win a World Series MVP Award (1960) for a losing team.

I mailed to Richardson on March 11 and got the cards back on April 18 for a 38-day TAT.

No comments: