Friday, April 29, 2016

TTM Success - Barry Foote

I received a nice TTM success on April 14 from former catcher, Barry Foote.  I got him on this nice 1975 Topps that I got from my buddy, Max.  It turned out really nice, I think.  I have done a really good job getting the 1975s that Max sent signed.
I also got Foote on these 1979 and 1980 Topps.  He answered my questions as well, most notably when I asked who was the best pitcher he ever caught.  He said:

Caught several HOF pitchers.  All were great!  Carlton, Sutter, Gossage and others!!

Foote (b. 1952) played in the majors from 1973 to 1982 for the Expos, Phillies, Cubs and Yankees.  He had 489 hits, 57 home runs and a career average of .230.

I mailed to Foote on April 9 and got the cards back on April 14 for a 5-day TAT, one of the fastest that I have gotten.

No comments: