Sunday, April 24, 2016

TTM Success - Dave Kingman

I received an awesome TTM success from someone I really didn't think signed when I got two cards back from former slugger, Dave Kingman.  I saw on Sportscardforum that he was signing, so I grabbed a couple cards out of the boxes that Mom got me, and sent them on their way.

Kingman (b. 1948) played in the majors from 1971 to 1986 for the Giants, Mets, Padres, Angels, Yankees, Cubs and A's.  He played for four teams in the 1977 season alone (Mets, Padres, Angels and Yankees).  He had 1,575 hits, 442 home runs and an average of .236 in his career.  Kingman was a three-time All Star who led the league in homers twice (48 in 1979 with the Cubs and 37 with the Mets in 1982).  He was a high strike out guy, leading the league three times and finishing with 1,816 in his career. Kingman finished the highest he would ever finish in the MVP voting when he finished 11th in 1979.
Kingman only appeared in the Hall of Fame voting one year, 1992, and received only 0.7% of the vote.  I mailed to him on March 24 and got the cards back April 8 for a 15-day TAT.

No comments: