Sunday, March 27, 2011

Picked Up a Couple Cards From My Brother

I decided to take a trip to see my family yesterday, since I hadn't been up there since the card shop closed at the end of January. I had some 2011 Topps Heritage Red Sox cards for my brother, John, and here is what he traded me for them:I got this really cool-looking 2011 Topps Wal Mart Black Variation Nick Markakis. I like these cards, even though there isn't really much to them. I think blacking out the background makes the player kind of pop off of the page.

He also traded me this 2011 Topps 60 reprint of the classic 1968 Topps card featuring Frank and Brooks Robinson. Woo hoo! Another Brooks card to add to my collection. I really love the 1968 set. One day, I may try to tackle this set, but in order to do that, I will need to find a legit Nolan Ryan RC. Good luck with that!

Not bad stuff at all, that's for sure. My brother kind of over values his stuff at times, but he is usually pretty easy to trade with, that is, if you have Red Sox cards.

No comments: