Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hall of Fame Baseball Ebay Success - Warren Spahn

I picked up this awesome looking Warren Spahn signed baseball off of Ebay the other day at a very good price. The ball is PSA authenticated, so it definitely should have been more expensive than what I paid. According to the spreadsheet I have been working on, an autographed ball from Spahn averages around $91.20 and I got this ball for almost half that.

I discussed Spahn's career when I posted his 1955 Topps card here. I will remind you that he had a career record of 363-245, won the World Series in 1957 with the Braves and was the Cy Young Award winner in 1957. Spahn ranks 6th all-time in wins. That is amazing to me. I have wanted an autographed baseball of Spahn for a long time, and I finally got one. It is definitely a shame that he is no longer with us, though. I really have gotten to where I really appreciate the great pitchers of the past, and I can proudly display this ball beside the one I have of another pitching legend, Bob Feller.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Congrats again on the great find, and I'm happy you were able to add such a great autograph to your collection!