Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hidden in my Collection - Phil Rizzuto Autographed Baseball

I posted this ball on my other (now dormant) blog way back on May 27, 2010. I picked the ball up from Ebay after I got word that I passed the first half of my geology licensing exam. Since I am really going hard after Hall of Fame autographed baseballs, I was really happy to add this Rizzuto to my collection. I feel like it got missed by everyone because the other blog didn't take off like I wanted it to. Oh well. Here it is now!

This Rizzuto baseball was the first signed ball I had gotten of a deceased Hall of Famer (I now have Feller, Kell and Snider) and I was surprised at how cheap I was able to get it, especially since he is a Yankee. The ball looks great in person and his signature definitely looks unique, the Z's definitely don't look like R's. Rirruto?

What do you guys think? Anyone get the movie reference?

4 comments:

Drew said...

Awesome Rizzuto man, thats a great ball!!

Fuji said...

Nice ball... one of these days I'll need to add one of his graphs to my collection.

Matt Pederson said...

Billy Madison! Come on, man! Actually, I was about to make the "Rirruto" joke until you beat me to it.

Yankeejetsfan said...

Sweet Scooter auto!