Monday, November 5, 2012

Something Cool From the Estate Auction

I know several Dodger fans who will enjoy this next post.  One of the coolest things I picked up from the online estate auction (you know, the one where I got the Early Wynn and Lou Boudreau signed baseballs) is the below pennant from the grand opening of Dodger Stadium.
I got this for a steal.  I saw several of these going for $175 on Ebay and let's just say I got this for a fraction of that!

I saw it among the listings in the auction and I figured it would be a cool addition to the man cave or maybe even flip at a later time for a HOF signed ball or something.  We'll see.  I just think it is pretty awesome.

Construction began on Dodger Stadium in 1959 and was completed in 1962.  The pennant comes from the Grand Opening celebration, April 9, 1962, that was held for officials and the community the day before Opening Day 1962 where the Dodgers would face the Cincinnati Reds.  Dodger Stadium is now the third oldest ballpark in the majors behind Fenway Park and Wrigley Field.