Tuesday, November 13, 2012

On the Passing of Lee MacPhail

I know I'm late on this, but I did want to weigh in on the passing of Lee MacPhail.  MacPhail had been the oldest living Hall of Famer until his passing at age 95. He was a former executive for the Orioles and Yankees and also served as the American League President.
MacPhail was very gracious and generous to collectors.  He would sign TTM for free and return very quickly.  I knew things were't looking good when his son, Andy, stepped down from his role as Orioles' GM to spend more time with his family and friends' of mine having mail they had sent to MacPhail come back RTS.

MahPhail was my 4th TTM success, way back on October 26, 2010.

It is really sad to see some of the guys that I have sent TTM to start passing away, but I suppose that is the case, since most of them are nonagenarians.

1 comment:

Dodgerbobble said...

RIP Lee MacPhail. I guess that makes Bobby Doerr the oldest living HOFer, right?