Sunday, March 5, 2023

TTM Success - Ignacio Alvarez

Another TTM success from 2022 Bowman Draft came in, this time from Braves prospect, Ignacio Alvarez.  The cards turned out nicely with the success.
I think I was at about a 50% success rate from the 2022 Bowman Draft TTMs I have sent out so far.  I started sending them out in January right after my Bowman Draft box came in, with a big batch going out January 3 and 4.  They tapered off with a couple single submissions until February when I started gearing up toward Spring Training.  My success rate on Spring Training so far this season has been dismal.  So far, only two of my 70+ submissions have come back.  If it stays like this, I may elect to cut back on what I send next year.

Anyway, I digress.  Alvarez (b. 2003) was a 5th round pick by the Braves in the 2022 July Amateur Draft out of Riverside City College in California.  He played at two levels of the Braves system last season, Rookie League FCL Braves and Low A Augusta.  I will see Augusta at the end of this season, but I doubt Alvarez will still be there.  So far, he has 27 hits, 1 home run and a .287 batting average across his 30 minor league games.

I mailed to Alvarez on January 3 and got the cards back on January 12, for a 9-day TAT.

No comments: