Wednesday, February 14, 2018

TTM Success - Bill Bene

My TTM stack is getting bigger, and I am way behind on posting again, but that is a good problem to have.  I've sent out a ton of TTMs lately, and have gotten some really good ones back.  I've also gotten some back from some players who may not be household names.  This success from Bill Bene is one of those examples.

I liked how this 1989 Topps looked, and it turned out really nicely with his signature.

Bene (b. 1967) was drafted in the first round (5th overall) by the Dodgers in the 1988 amateur draft out of Cal State LA.  He never made the majors, but played in the minors from 1988 to 1995 and 1997 in the Dodgers, Reds and Angels systems.  He did get as far as AAA.  Across 9 minor league and independent league seasons, he had a career record of 18-34 with 502 strike outs and a 5.45 ERA.

I mailed to Bene on January 16 and got the card back on January 30, for a 14-day TAT.

No comments: