Saturday, February 3, 2018

TTM Success - Brian Dayett

This TTM success from Brian Dayett was really nice.  He signed all of the cards that I sent him, and took the time to write an inscription on each.  I felt like that was a really nice touch.

The above 1987 Topps goes in my set.  It turned out really well and becomes the latest in a nice string of 87s to come in.
He signed two other Topps cards, a 1985 and a 1988.  He also signed my 1988 Donruss, which turned out really well.

I tend to lean more toward Topps cards when I send out to players.  The 80s Donruss cards are usually passed over when I send out, but I am glad I sent the 1988 this time around.  I probably ought to give that (and other 80s Fleer and Donruss) set a fairer shake when I am choosing cards to send.

Dayett (b. 1957) played in the majors from 1983 to 1987 for the Yankees and Cubs.  He had 110 hits, 14 home runs and a .258 batting average.

I mailed to Dayett on January 18 and got the cards back on January 25, for a 7-day TAT.

No comments: