Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Just Not Feeling It?


Its that time of year. The O's seem to have mailed it in. No TTMs have come in lately. Can't afford to buy any boxes at the moment (more on that later). Therefore, the blog has suffered. Oh, I have plenty of stuff to scan. I have cards from the last 2 card shows still to show off. I have to discuss my awesome trade with Ryan (didn't forget you, man).

BUT> I'm just not feeling it right now.

Here's why:

Over the last 4 months, I have been slammed at work. I mean SLAMMED! Things are slowly catching up, but, man, I'm feeling it. I am physically and mentally exhausted. I'm not complaining, because I enjoy my job, but the heat lately has been awful!

Also, I got some awesome news that my cousin Andreas in Germany is able to come and visit this summer when we originally thought he wasn't going to make it this year. I have rearranged my vacation plans to insure that he is able to come along. So, I will be taking a vacation from July 26 through August 10. Have no fear! There will be several "Blog on Location" posts to come as I am going to a place where I have always wanted to go... Not going to spoil the surprise though, haha.

Sad thing is, though, because I am going to this location, I will be unable (for the moment at least) to make my annual trek to Baltimore. It doesn't look like they'll miss me, seeing as they have played terribly lately. I might try to head that way in September for my birthday.

Speaking of later on in the summer, the biggest thing of all - DAY CARE RAISE! Yep! As of August 25, Chris will no longer be in day care! So, theoretically, I will be $165 a week richer! Woo! Hopefully, that means a few more cards will come in!

So, I'm not taking a break like I did last year. I'm not ready to jump off a bridge. I didn't expect the O's to be in 1st place (although I didn't expect them to be this bad). I'm just tired. A vacation is what I need. I'm going to enjoy the crap out of it, that's for sure!!

2 comments:

A2 Wolverine said...

enjoy your time off

GCA said...

I'm with ya. The Orioles are back in the basement...my boy Matusz got sent down...the Nats lost some momentum when Riggy bailed...and my favorite local card shop is closing after 30 years.

Ugh.