Saturday, July 9, 2011

Jim Thome Bobblehead

We decided to go to another Kinston Indians game last night so I could take advantage of their year-long promotion of honoring past Kinston Indians players. They were giving away Jim Thome bobbleheads at historic Grainger Stadium, and since I am a huge Thome fan, I didn't want to miss it.

I wasn't happy, however, when I was about halfway to the stadium when I realized that I had forgotten my new camera. I was seriously looking forward to trying it out at a game. Oh well, I'll have plenty of time on my vacation to do that.
I don't know why the bobblehead came with 2 bats, as there is only one spot for the bat. Maybe it is an extra, in case one gets lost. Also, there was supposed to be a little sign by his feet, but it had come off of this one. We ended up with 3 bobbleheads. I'm keeping one in my collection, putting one up in Chris' room and we will probably sell the other.


I love the promotions that minor league parks have. I wish I had the time to take advantage of more of them.

2 comments:

Dodgerbobble said...

Love it! Wanna trade one?

Drew said...

Love the bobblehead hahaha! I only have 2, both Jets, Curtis Martin and Chad Pennington