Wednesday, June 12, 2024

The Biggest Return From Max Yet

My friend, Max, has helped me tremendously with getting cards out of my boxes and into my autograph album. He was the person who first helped me set up my graphing book back in 2017 and I haven't looked back.  His latest return of signed cards to me had to have been the largest one so far, and it had some really cool stuff that I was excited to file into the album pages.  The above Curtis Mead parallel was something that I wanted to get signed ever since I pulled it.  Mead is a tough graph these days, so I'm glad this one is done.
Max likes to take these Topps team cards to cover for guys he has no cards of.  Thankfully, he always labels them so i know who he got.  These cards are, left to right then top to bottom: Colten Brewer, Shawn Armstrong, Austin Shenton, Ronel Blanco, Ben Brown, Garrett Cooper, Declan Cronin, Calvin Faucher.
I try to send him the older ones, too.  The 1994 Score stadium cards are also helpful.  These are, from left to right and top to bottom: Logan Porter, Jhonny Peralta, Sean Doolittle, Carson Spiers, Trevor Megill, Pat Murphy.
Max completed a 2018 Topps Heritage that i had gotten signed by Heath Hembree when he got it signed by Ildemaro Vargas.  He also got Yuki Matsui, Matt Wise, JR House, Bryan Hoeing, Tanner Scott, Sam Hentges and Ricky Gutierrez.
This Alika Williams Jumbo relic card is pretty cool.  I was disappointed that I couldn't find my other Williams cards in time.  I had him pulled in the past, and couldn't remember which box they got put in.  I did find them, but I'm afraid Max won't see him again.  Let's hope he does.
Here are skme recent cards that he got signed by Alec Marsh, Jordan Lyles, JP France, Hunter Brown, Harold Ramirez, Kyle Farmer, James Karinchak, Dylan Floro, Jake Irvin.  I was glad to get these added to the Topps ledger.  I have already gotten several 2024 Topps done, which is nice.  Hopefully my Series 2 come in soon, so I can go for some more.
Here are some 2022 cards signed by Scott Barlow, Stuart Fairchild, Emmanuel Rivera, Triston McKenzie, Martin Perez, Rene Pinto, Jhoan Duran and Angel Zerpa.  I especially like the holiday parallels.  Those are always fun to get signed.
This next group, signed by Zack Littell, Luke Maile, Skip Schumaker, Rod Barajas, Mike McCoy and Doug Waechter go farther back in time for Topps flagship sets.  There is also a Bowman Chrome Rod Barajas and a 2008 Upper Deck First Edition of Skip Schumaker.
Even more older cards signed by Jeremy Guthrie, Matt Capps, Jayce Tingler, David Bell, Miguel Cairo, Jody Reed, Bob Scanlan and Rod Allen go as far back as 1989 Fleer (Allen).  The 1995 Fleer Bob Scanlan is also awesome.  You know, because 1995 Fleer is great!
Here is a Kyle Farmer 2021 Topps Update, a Garrett Hampson 2019 Topps, Gabriel Arias 2021 Heritage Minors, a cool Thyago Viera Diamond Kings that I kept seeing during several passes through my boxes, a Bryan Abreu 2019 Heritage Minors, a Quintin Berry 2012 Bowman, a Collin Cowgill 2012 Bowman, a Chris Johnson 2009 Bowman (which is crazy because I've heard he never signs), and Rays manager Kevin Cash on a 2002 Bowman Chrome. 
The above Tanner Scott turned out awesome.  I like this Bowman insert set. There are two Gaby Sanchez parallels, a JR House 2001 Bowman Chrome, an upgraded Garrett Cleavinger signed in blue, an upgraded 2022 Topps Chas McCormick and a few more Ildemaro Vargas cards.
Max hooked me up with a few team set cards signed by Jacob Young, Rene Pinto, Bryan Abreu.  I've made good progress on the giveaway set from when we went to Fredericksburg last season.  There may be one or two left that I need to get signed (I didn't go by the card shop and get the two special ones they offered).  I was also happy to see the 2019 Carolina League Top Prospects card get signed by Bryan Abreu.
Finally, here are a couple old.team set carda signed by Zach Rosscup and Alec Zumwalt.

Max really hooked it up, and is still.goi g strong on the season.  Hopefully, he can keep knocking out these cards and I can keep finding stuff for him.

Thanks so much, Max!

No comments: