Sunday, October 21, 2018

TTM Success - Vince Coleman

The third of four guys I signed up for, for this private signing, was Vince Coleman.  According to the guy running the signing, Coleman was the reason for the holdup.  Let's not worry about how I asked the guy to just refund me for Coleman and send my cards back; he waited and waited, not returning emails, until Coleman finally signed.  Of course, I picked up a Coleman from a reader of this blog in the meantime, you know, because I was expecting the refund from this signing.  Anyway, I have an extra Coleman, if anyone else is looking for one for their sets or collections.

Coleman (b. 1961) played in the majors from 1985 to 1997 for the Cardinals, Mets, Royals, Mariners, Reds and Tigers.  He had 1,425 hits, 28 home runs and a .264 batting average.  He was the 1985 NL Rookie of the Year, and led the NL in stolen bases six years in a row.  His 752 stolen bases rank 6th all-time.  His best MVP finish was 11th in 1985 and he was an All Star twice (1988 and 1989).  He appeared on the 2003 Hall of Fame ballot, but received only 0.6% of the vote.

I sent to the signing on March 3 and got the card back on August 29, for a 179-day TAT.

No comments: