Monday, October 22, 2018

TTM Success - Bruce Sutter

The final card I got back in the private signing on SCN that took so long was Bruce Sutter.  The whole reason I signed up for the thing was because I would be able to knock off some big names at fairly reasonable prices.  This is why I love the feature on SCN.  This was actually one of the first private signings I had signed up for, and I learned a lot about the process.  I wasn't aware at the time how to set up a trade for the signings (which is how they are tracked, and feedback is issued).  I believe my inability to set up the trade for this was one of the main reasons why it was delayed as long as it was.  He had no recourse against him.  Thankfully, the cards ended up coming in, and I actually had used the guy one other time between then and now.  That signing worked out fast, and that card (which was being done for a friend) came back quickly.  I have signed up for another big name signing through this guy, this time with tracking, so we shall see if there is any improvement.

Sutter (b. 1953) played in the majors from 1976 to 1986 and 1988 for the Cubs, Cardinals and Braves.  He had a career record of 68-71 with a 2.83 ERA and 861 strike outs.  He finished his career with 300 saves.  He was a six-time All Star (1977 to 1981 and 1984) and finished a career-best 5th in the 1982 NL MVP voting.  He was the 1979 NL Cy Young Award winner.  He is often credited with developing the split finger fastball.  He was elected to the Hall of Fame in 2006, his 13th ballot (76.9%).  He won the World Series with the Cardinals in 1982.

I sent to the private signing on March 3 and got the card back on August 29, for a 179-day TAT.

No comments: