Sunday, July 8, 2012

Something New For The Man Cave

Last weekend, when I went to visit my family for my parents' anniversary party, my oldest brother and his wife gave me something they picked up for me when they had visited Myrtle Beach.  These are the same folks who sent me the awesome signed baseball of my nephew while they were on vacation.  Anyway, since it rained during 99% of their trip to the beach, Kenny and Gina checked out a lot of shops in the Myrtle Beach area that they wouldn't have normally checked out had the weather been nice.  You know, because they would have been laid out on the beach.
Well, in one of the shops, my brother saw several baseball related tin signs for sale so he had his wife give me a call to see if I  would be interested in any of them.  She texted me a picture of this sign and I was really happy because it is a replica of the Topps advertising signs they used in 1955.  If you have followed this blog for a while now, you'll know that I hold a special place in my heart for the 1955 set... seeing as I blogged it card for card for the entire set.

So, I had to own this sign, and my brother and sister-in-law were awesome enough to pick it up for me.  They are becoming frequent contributors to the blog now... first with Gina hooking me up with a Paul O'Neill autograph, then the signed baseball from IAN! and now this awesome sign for the man cave.  Maybe the next item will be a trophy from my brother's first race win... ;)  Wouldn't that be awesome!  No, I know once Kenny wins his first race, that trophy is going right in the middle of his living room... right, Gina?

Oh, I know you guys love the super seventies orange bedspread behind the sign.  Well, you can't have it because it's mine!

3 comments:

Yankeejetsfan said...

I see those tin signs alot here in NY. I have been meaning to pick up some. When I get my man cave, I have a couple in mind.

Pretty sweet pick up.

Play at the Plate said...

No man-cave is complete without one!

Michael said...

That's a pretty cool sign. I picked up a similar one a little while back.