Friday, June 3, 2016

TTM Success - Rick Reuschel

I got a really cool TTM success from former pitcher, Rick Reuschel.  I was able to get a bunch of cards signed by him, like this 1981 Topps.  I got this card from the Columbia antique shop and loved the old Cubs jersey.  My decision to send this one was an easy one.
This 1986 Topps mini came out of one of the boxes that my mom picked up for me a while back.  I like the way these look, so getting this signed was a no-brainer as well.
I was also able to add these cards from Reuschel as well.  Since I saw that he signed a bunch of stuff, I was able to put a few cards in the envelope that I probably wouldn't normally have put in.  I loved the 1990 Donruss set, so I was happy to find one of his cards from there and put it in.  The 1986 Topps and 1987 Fleer also came out of the Mom Boxes.  That 1987 Fleer turned out great with the blue Sharpie on the blue bordered card.

Reuschel (b. 1949) played in the majors from 1972 to 1981 and 1983 to 1991 for the Cubs, Yankees, Pirates and Giants.  He had a career record of 214-191 with an ERA of 3.37 and 2,015 strike outs.  He wa san All Star three times and finished as high as 3rd in the Cy Young voting.  He received 0.4% of the vote on the 1997 Hall of Fame ballot, his only appearance.

I mailed to Reuschel on April 30 and got the cards back on May 7, for a 7-day TAT.

No comments: